HOW TO MAKE BATH BOMBS
1 PART CITRIC ACID
3 PARTS SODIUM BICARBONATE
SMALL AMOUNT OF WATER (OR WITCH HAZEL)
(HINT: When you first try making the mixture just use very small amounts so can get used to what the mixture should look and feel like).
1. Mix the Citric Acid and Sodium Bicarbonate thoroughly.
2. Add the fragrance oil and colouring and mix thoroughly again.
3. Add the water or witch hazel. (It’s best to have this in a spray bottle). Only add a tiny amount! If you add too much your mixture will start to bubble up and expand. If you don’t add enough then your mixture won’t set properly and will crumble easily.
4. Squash the mixture into your mould firmly.
5. Pop the finished product out of the mould and leave to dry.
It’s as easy as that!
They set really quickly so you can de-mould them almost straight away, but you’ll need to leave them to harden even more whilst they dry out completely, probably for a day or two, depending on how warm your room is.
BATH BOMB MOULDS
BACK TO BATH BOMB HELP PAGES
BACK TO MAIN CRAFTS HELP PAGE