HOW TO MAKE MELT AND POUR SOAP
MELT AND POUR SOAP BASE
(Plus any other “botanical” ingredients like rose petals/seeds etc. Use these when you become more advanced!)
1. Chop up your soap base into small chunks and place into a glass bowl or jug, covered with cling film.
2. Met in the microwave on a low to medium setting. Do this in short bursts – you don’t want to allow your soap base to boil!!
3. Add your colouring and fragrance oil, stirring all the time. (For the correct amounts, please follow the instructions from your supplier)
4. Pour the melted soap into your mould and leave to set for approximately 2 hours. (This depends on the size of the mould: the larger the mould the longer the required setting time, and vice versa).
5. Pop your finished soaps out of the mould.
It’s as easy as that!
BACK TO SOAP MAKING HELP PAGES
BACK TO MAIN CRAFTS HELP PAGE